Deutsche Nationalbibliothek / German National Library
60322 Frankfurt am Main
Getting there by public transport
From the main railroad station (lower level) U5 (underground) towards Preungesheim to "Deutsche Nationalbibliothek" station. Travel time approximately 10 minutes.
From the airport (local railroad station) S8 towards Hanau or S9 towards Offenbach Ost each to "Konstablerwache" station. Change to U5 (underground) towards Preungesheim to "Deutsche Nationalbibliothek" station. Travel time approximately 30 minutes.
The no. 32 bus goes to the stop "Deutsche Nationalbibliothek" as well.
Getting there by car
Autobahn A 66 to the end of the Autobahn at Miquelallee; follow signs for Fulda/Hanau; turn right at the third traffic light onto Eckenheimer Landstraße towards the city center; signs point to the entrance to the underground car park area.
Autobahn A 661 up to the exit Eckenheim. Get into the lane for Innenstadt (City centre) / Eckenheim and drive straight on up to the third big junction with traffic lights. Cross this junction, the building on your right is the library. After about 100 m turn right into the underground car park area.
The German National Library in Frankfurt has its own underground car park on the first underground level for library visitors. Opening hours: Monday - Friday 06:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. The parking fee is EUR 1.00 per hour.
DNB Cafeteria and Restaurant
Monday – Thursday 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Guided Library Tour
A guided library tour is offered for all participants after the workshop on Wednesday, the 27th of September 2017, starting approx. at 3:15 p.m.
Tuesday, 26th of September 2017, 7:00 p.m.
Eckenheimer Landstraße 184
60318 Frankfurt am Main
The restaurant is located directly opposite to the Germany National Library. The official website is only offered in German.
You can put together your meal either as a 2-course menu (25,-- Eur) or as a 3-course menu (39,80 EUR) plus select drinks from a wide list of beverages. For your selection available:
- Potato and white whine "Riesling" soup (gluten-free)
- Fried chanterelles on fresee lettuce (gluten-free, lactose-free)
- Knuckle of lamb in tomatosauce with greek noodles, diced aubergine, and grated cheese
- Traditional casserole with aubergine, courgette, potatoes, minced meat, bechamel sauce, small salad aside
- Filet of gilthead seabream, gratinated with fresh herbs and tomatoes, served with butter, vegetables and small potatoes (gluten-free, lactose-free)
- Tomato and bell pepper stuffed with rice and herbs, small salad aside (gluten-free, lactose-free, vegan)
- Panna cotta with homemade carrot confit (gluten-free)
- Yogurt mousse with warm plums in red wine sauce (gluten-free)
- Fruit salad (gluten-free, lactose-free)