Deutsche Nationalbibliothek / German National Library
60322 Frankfurt am Main
Getting there by public transport
From the main railroad station: U5 towards Preungesheim to "Deutsche Nationalbibliothek" station. Travel time approximately 10 minutes.
From the airport railroad station: S8 towards Hanau or S9 towards Offenbach Ost each to "Konstablerwache" station; change to U5 towards Preungesheim to "Deutsche Nationalbibliothek" station. Travel time approximately 30 minutes.
Getting there by car
Autobahn A 66 to the end of the Autobahn at Miquelallee; follow signs for Fulda/Hanau; turn right at the third traffic light onto Eckenheimer Landstraße towards the city center; signs point to the entrance to the underground car park area.
Autobahn A 661 up to the exit Eckenheim. Get into the lane for Innenstadt (City centre) / Eckenheim and drive straight on up to the third big junction with traffic lights. Cross this junction, the building on your right is the library. After about 100 m turn right into the underground car park area.
The German National Library in Frankfurt has its own underground car park on the first underground level for library visitors. Opening hours: Monday - Friday 06:00 to 22:00 o'clock. The parking fee is EUR 1.00 per hour, max for 1 day is EUR 8.00.
Cafeteria and Restaurant
Opening hours 8:00 to 18:00 o'clock
Guided Library Tour
A guided library tour is offered for all participants after the workshop on Wednesday, the 27th of September 2017, starting approx. at 16:05 o'clock.
Tuesday, 26th of September 2017, 18:00 o'clock
Eckenheimer Landstraße 184
60318 Frankfurt am Main
You can put together your meal either as a 2-course menu (25,00 EUR) or as a 3-course menu (29,80 EUR) plus add drinks from a wide list of beverages. The following meals are available for your selection:
- Potato and white wine "Riesling" soup (gluten-free)
- Fried chanterelles on fresee lettuce (gluten-free, lactose-free)
- Knuckle of lamb "Lammhaxe" in tomatosauce with greek noodles, diced aubergine, and grated cheese
- Traditional casserole with aubergine, courgette, potatoes, minced meat, bechamel sauce, small salad aside
- Filet of gilthead seabream, gratinated with fresh herbs and tomatoes, served with butter, vegetables and small potatoes (gluten-free, lactose-free)
- Tomato and bell pepper stuffed with rice and herbs, small salad aside (gluten-free, lactose-free, vegan)
- Panna cotta with homemade carrot confit (gluten-free)
- Yogurt mousse with warm plums in red wine sauce (gluten-free)
- Fruit salad (gluten-free, lactose-free)
The Rhein-Main-Verkehrsverbund (RMV) is the public transport network for the Frankfurt Rhine-Main Metropolitan Region. You can obtain your ticket either from ticket machines at the station platform or buy a mobile ticket, the RMV-Handy-Ticket.
- Fares enquiry on the RMV website, for example
- Single ticket from the main railroad station to the library by underground train U5 "Frankfurt (Main) Hauptbahnhof - Frankfurt (Main) Deutsche Nationalbibliothek" / 2,90 EUR
- Single ticket from Frankfurt airport to the main railroad station by suburban train S8 or S9 "Frankfurt (Main) Flughafen Regionalbahnhof - Frankfurt (Main) Hauptbahnhof" / 4,80 EUR