Video conference on Jan 18th 2011
03:30 – 05:00 pm (MET)
09:30 – 11:00 am (EST)
German National Library MARC 21 Records for OCLC WorldCat.txt
a) actions by OCLC
b) ISBD punctuation
a) what happens during the matching with DNB records
- if no matching record is found
- if only a record in a different language is found
- if a record of a german network is found
- if a record of DNB is found
-> is it possible to provide examples for DNB?
b) presentation of DNB records in WorldCat
- what DNB content is presented in WorldCat (only the DNB signet?)
- what happens if e.g. subjects headings of other german networks do already exist?
- does the new initial batchload of the whole DNB database change the presentation?
c) return delivery and reports
- the 2006-treaty says "the records will be returned monthly as records in MARC21 format"
- what will be the export format: MARC21 or a cross reference report?
- DNB is interested to get the OCLC number, the DDC numbers and LOC subject headings
- can OCLC deliver test files for both formats?
- is there an existing batch tool for the import of OCLC cross reference lists (do we have to contact OCLC Leiden?)
d) visit of Mr Heuvelmann in Dublin/Ohio?
- DNB needs time for the scheduling of the MARC21 export of the whole database and approx. 4-5 weeks for the selection
- OCLC should quote a date when the DNB records can be loaded - to prevent a long time gap between selection & loading
- when will OCLC finish the adaptions for the batchload of standard MARC21?
- how long will the loading last, means: when will DNB get the required export informations (and needs an import flow for them)
a) Status of the proposed addendum to the WorlCat contract
b) Adaptions of the WorldCat SRU catcher are announced for March 2011. Is that correct?
c) Open WorldCat
In the contract the Open WorldCat is mentioned. What is the benefit for DNB? Can DNB get further informations about that?
Start of Page